Help! I have lost EVERYTHING - All inventory GONE!

Nikki Bergiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged in last night, and got a message that my clothing was still downloading. Closing that message gave me a second message that I could not put on clothes as my clothing folders had no items or body parts. Opening my inventory showed that everything was gone except the default folders. In general chat every time I log in I get the following message:

Second Life:
You cannot remove protected categories

I thought this might be a cache issue, so I followed the instructions on the wiki to clear my cache and restarted. Still the same issue.

I logged in to Second Life from another computer. Everything is still gone.

The only thing I have left is the dozen or so items in my Received Items folder, and some stuff in the default folders.

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

3 answers to this question

The "You cannot remove protected categories" message means that you have duplicated system folders & possibly other inventory corruption.
Don't worry, LL support can fix this for you & it is extremely likely you will get back all your missing inventory.

If you are a premium member, use Live Chat & they will be able to run the inventory repair script for you straight away.
If you are a basic member then file a support ticket to get it fixed.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Nikki Bergiere said:

I logged in last night, and got a message that my clothing was still downloading. Closing that message gave me a second message that I could not put on clothes as my clothing folders had no items or body parts. Opening my inventory showed that everything was gone except the default folders. In general chat every time I log in I get the following message:

I thought this might be a cache issue, so I followed the instructions on the wiki to clear my cache and restarted. Still the same issue.

I logged in to Second Life from another computer. Everything is still gone.

The only thing I have left is the dozen or so items in my Received Items folder, and some stuff in the default folders.

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

This thread might help but I think you  need to file a support ticket.  The links to support are on every forum page and below

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.