Black dragon viewer my avatar skin is grey

N0CEUR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well first things first, make sure you're on the latest version.

Also judging from the picture (its a bit hard to tell) but it seems like you are not using Deferred Rendering, you should enable it if it isn't enabled, BD is known to have rendering issues without Deferred enabled, especially texture problems.

When those two are done you might want to make sure you've logged in properly, are in a SIM that is not currently dying and/or on the way to do so, go to an empty place, make sure your notifications are emptied (the green button at the top right) and do a relog, clear your cache if necessary and log in again, when inworld take note whether your inventory loads (kick it by typing something into the filter if necessary) and your friendlist shows up (if everyone shows offline even when you know some are online it might indicate that you didn't login properly and might experience issues like not getting offline IMs, inventory not loading, friendlist not loading, not getting IMs at all, not being able to teleport...all the way up to simply getting a disconnect a few minutes after you connected).

You can check whether the Viewer is still loading textures if you open the texture console (CTRL + Shift + 3), you'll see a lot of bars showing the progress of textures being loaded at the bottom, if there are none anymore it's done. If your AV is still not loaded then you might want to get back to me.

image.png.62dbc502d25deb3781f96a50660dd06c.png

Also, as @Clover Jinx mentioned i'm always at the top of your friendlist (if you are on BD) in case you need help, there's also the inworld help group (which i don't recommend since it is mostly used by users now that i'm primarily using discord to be able to respond to offline messages aside from offline IMs) and of course the Discord Channel (which is probably the most effective way of getting help), you don't need to have an account to access discord channel and you don't even need to install Discord to use it, it can be used from the website as web app.

So, after some inworld investigation we found out that the issue is (like with all current quickly cobbled together BOM bodies) a tattoo layer. I'm unsure why it is grey, it might be due to it defaulting to a missing texture if you are not wearing a tattoo or no texture is set, it might also be "missing" because the creators used a tattoo that you don't own/wear or it might just be the default behavior i really don't know. The fix however is quite simple, all you have to do is hide the tattoo layer or apply a tattoo, either by wearing a tattoo layer clothing piece (preferably one with an empty 100% alpha texture) or by applying it however it is done, you probably know this better than me as i don't use any human bodies and i don't know their HUDs.

I don't know why Firestorm doesn't show it grey by default but i wasn't able to test it with the LL Viewer as it was already fixed when i arrived with the LL Viewer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

So, after some inworld investigation we found out that the issue is (like with all current quickly cobbled together BOM bodies) a tattoo layer. I'm unsure why it is grey, it might be due to it defaulting to a missing texture if you are not wearing a tattoo or no texture is set, it might also be "missing" because the creators used a tattoo that you don't own/wear or it might just be the default behavior i really don't know. The fix however is quite simple, all you have to do is hide the tattoo layer or apply a tattoo, either by wearing a tattoo layer clothing piece (preferably one with an empty 100% alpha texture) or by applying it however it is done, you probably know this better than me as i don't use any human bodies and i don't know their HUDs.

I don't know why Firestorm doesn't show it grey by default but i wasn't able to test it with the LL Viewer as it was already fixed when i arrived with the LL Viewer.

I'd expect all viewers to have the same problem here to be honest.
Pity the OP didn't keep a copy of the broken tattoo layer so it could be investigated further.

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I'd expect all viewers to have the same problem here to be honest.
Pity the OP didn't keep a copy of the broken tattoo layer so it could be investigated further.

According to her she didn't see the issue in BD which i assume is either due to implementation differences or because the tattoo she might have been wearing (if she did) or whatever texture was still applied might have been a "temp texture" hence why its grey, but then the texture should become grey in Firestorm after relog as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.