Wanted: Rain (for skybox windows)

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the past few years, the ambiance of my lair has consisted of a grandfather clock ticking away in the corner (and chiming every half hour), and a sparking fireplace. Some months ago I decided to rebuild and put in some windows - a decision I've since regretted, as I had nothing to put outside of them. Then it hit me; some rain would be nice.

Unfortunately, the only emitters I've found thus far all have a rather large radius. The purpose of the skybox, to begin with, was to make the most of my limited space, so I'd need something quite small. Either small enough to place an emitter outside of each window individually, or a 'curtain' of rain to place outside the entire wall. I've only got about 2 meters of space before reaching the neighbor.

I have this:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Simplest-Rain-Set-Easy-Animated-Mesh-Rain-System/16912190

Even though it says the sizes are 10x10, 10x25, and 25x25, it is modifiable (&copy) and the actual rain does shrink if the size shrinks.  I was able to change a copy of all 3 sizes to only be 1.5 in width and various lengths and heights.  Note that the rain looks different from different sides, so play with it to get whatever effect you want.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.