Large Inventory effects avatar performance?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, agentronin said:

Can an excessively large Inventory effect my avatar's performance?

I am most especially interested in any effects it would have on Gorean combat, both how, and why.

Some while back Patch mentioned that it was GROUPS (large ones especially) that impacted performance the most -- or at least WAY more than large inventories. I can't remember when but perhaps around SL16B time when people were asking about lag.   So apparently a large inventory wouldn't hurt too much.  You could do your own tests so far as combat goes, with a new alt with minimal inventory wearing the same gear as you main alt.   I am sure that the question answered by Patch had nothing to do with combat LOL.  So it may not be applicable to your case. 

yes its large groups that causes one to lag and the amount of groups one is in.

inventory on the other hand should not since that is part of the login process and inventory data is now on the amazon cloud servers
people have the misconception that inventory moves with you from region to region, as far as i can tell all inv data is on its own server and a copy of that data is stored in your viewer for faster access and not stored on the region server your on. though i dont really know how inventory data is processed since im not a linden.

Edited by VenKellie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.