how to set object bonus for individual parcels in a private region

The77sim3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

16 friends including me, bought a whole sim together (therefore, a private region, with me as the estate manager).
I have already subdivided the region into 16 individual parcels. 
My question is how to set object bonus for individual parcels in a private region (not the global object bonus)???

Thanks to help

6 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, The77sim3 said:

16 friends including me, bought a whole sim together (therefore, a private region, with me as the estate manager).
I have already subdivided the region into 16 individual parcels. 
My question is how to set object bonus for individual parcels in a private region (not the global object bonus)???

Thanks to help

You can't, at least not in a way that would allow the individual parcels to have different owners. If they're all owned by the same group you can decide how much LI each one can have, but you'll need a gadget that checks the prim/LI count in each parcel in order to enforce the limits.

ETA: If the 16 parcels use up all the land on the region, the only way a global object bonus can work is if some of the parcel owners agree to use fewer objects then their parcel allows. If a per-parcel bonus was possible it would be the same. The maximum LI of a region is not changed by the object bonus. In order for some parcels to use more others must use less. Generally a region is set up with public land such as a park that is kept to a low enough LI count to allow the rest of the region to use their 'bonus' LI.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Had another thought ... that's *three* this week!
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You can't, at least not in a way that would allow the individual parcels to have different owners. If they're all owned by the same group you can decide how much LI each one can have, but you'll need a gadget that checks the prim/LI count in each parcel in order to enforce the limits.

ETA: If the 16 parcels use up all the land on the region, the only way a global object bonus can work is if some of the parcel owners agree to use fewer objects then their parcel allows. If a per-parcel bonus was possible it would be the same. The maximum LI of a region is not changed by the object bonus. In order for some parcels to use more others must use less. Generally a region is set up with public land such as a park that is kept to a low enough LI count to allow the rest of the region to use their 'bonus' LI.

thanks for your answer, i do have all parcles owned by the group for now.
how do i set how much LI each parcel can have?

35 minutes ago, The77sim3 said:

for a parcel to have less LI than another parcel then the parcels have to be different sizes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The77sim3 said:

You can't set it per parcel. By making all land on the region have the same owner, the prims get shared as well. You could stuff 20,000 onto one parcel and have none on the rest. So ... decide how many of the 20,000 each parcel should have. Put it on a notecard and send it to everyone in the group. They'll each be responsible for using About Land->Objects to make sure they're not using more than the notecard says they can have.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You can't set it per parcel. By making all land on the region have the same owner, the prims get shared as well. You could stuff 20,000 onto one parcel and have none on the rest. So ... decide how many of the 20,000 each parcel should have. Put it on a notecard and send it to everyone in the group. They'll each be responsible for using About Land->Objects to make sure they're not using more than the notecard says they can have.

ok I see now~thank you so much! <3

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.