Item inspection, unknown creator?

Gregorian Chant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope I'm in the right forum for this.

Someone gave me a very old pair of sneakers. Nothing fancy; just a system layer type.  It was probably made at the time before prim shoes were invented.

I got curious about who the creator was and the inspection shows the creator as "unknown/multiple".

systemchucktaylors.thumb.png.6617e15f9235c63b0d3d682098e6abee.png

Now I understand the "unknown/multiple" creator comes from an object composed of multiple prims created by different people linked together.  But I'm not understanding this for a simple system clothing layer. How can this be for an article of clothing that doesn't have prim or sculpty parts?

I can only think of two scenarios and  I don't know if either is the answer :D. 

One would be that one person uploaded the texture file and another used that texture to "make" the texture shoes. Thus two creators and only one can be named so "none" becomes the politically correct choice.   Long long ago (and hopefully I am remembering correctly - if not someone will surely chime in) there were fewer ways to inspect something so items took on the "creator's" name with the creator being the maker of the prims (or likely the root prim but back then there weren't all that many prefab full perm items).  So, you could have scripts inside a prim object and the item STILL showed the person making the prims as the owner.  This was pre-scuplt and pre-mesh of course.   I DO remember clearly when I first noticed that the prim objects I made no longer carried my name if they had a script inside made by someone else.  

The other could be that the database simply lost that info sometime in the last fifteen years. Certainly a possibility :D.    I remember those textures shoes. I had forgotten how ugly they were though. We HAVE come a long way.   

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.