My clothes and attachments won't download. I'm naked. What to do?

Autumn Tyrellium

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've had trouble rezzing my Avatar for the last two weeks. I've tried everything in the help and knowledge base blogs.

Today after rolling restarts and maintenance, I still had trouble rezzing my Avatar.  Then when I did, lo and behold, my clothes and attachments won't download.  I'm naked, I look like a Zombie and nothing I try will fix the problem!  This is really annoying.  What should I do?

3 answers to this question

Hello Autumn. If you see your avatar like a zobie obviously your avatar isnt loaded. At first try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R.

Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, move to a region with less lag. Smith is a protected land which is recommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Something else you can do is the test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

If the problem remains, clear your cache:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

If clearing your cache, you have still problem, is good to download and try an older version of Viewer 2 Here having your software updates NO to be installed automatically. (Preferences --> Setup --> Hardware) Do it when you log in with the new viewer just don't forget it.

Good luck.

In addition to what LoveAngel suggests, move any chat logs you want to retain from the Second Life cache area into another folder separate and apart from what you are about to delete.  Once you have re-installed a fresh copy, you can move the logs back.

LoveAngel gave some good advice.

I suggest you read: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth This gives you most of the fixes and explains some of the complications from using multiple viewers, if you do.

A quick fix is to change groups. Make a different group active. Sounds  dumb and doesn't alsways work, but often it does.

Another is to change your bald. Just wear any other bald in your inventory. Picking a Linden bald in the invenotry library assures you get a known working bald.

Clearning cache is more complex but is often the fix for a persistant problem.

Often forcing an inventory load by opening inventory and searching for something helps, then once loaded (you see a number of items increasing at the top of inventory) pressing Ctrl-Alt-R (?) the rebake command, waiting a minute (60 seonds at least) and repeating 3 times fixes the problem.

For persentant problems the article has more things to try and explanations for why it happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.