Object rotating with no script in it

Olivia Rizzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made an object slowly rotate using llTargetOmega in the state_entry block 

Then with it still rotating I did 'take' on the object to put it in my inventory.

But now if I rez a copy without any script in it at all it still rotates.

So it seems this rotation is now built into the object without any script. Is that normal?

Yes, that's completely normal.

There are these things called "object properties," which are all of the information about an object's appearance. In that wiki page, you can see most of the prim properties that can be set by a script but don't require a script to keep working. Other properties that are not included on that page are things like looping sound and particle effects, which also don't require a script to continue working.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bonus or 'plus' from this side effect is that you can safely remove the rotating script from those objects, thus reducing the number of running scripts on any given region.  The part(s) or object(s) will still rotate and you've reduced the region load by 1 script.  Granted the reduction in and of itself is very small, but it can add-up quite a bit when many objects are on a region.  Some particles are like this as well such as rain, fog, snow, smoke, mist.  If able to modify it, you can lower the running script count and still get the benefit of that object moving or whatever.  YMMV

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.