Need help with Modify/Transfer settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been Creating Items and what not for some time now and this is the first time I've really tried to make a Item Modify/Transfer for a Gatcha and Transfer is unclickable. C/M/T and C/T work just fine, I've spent hours now trying to find a work around and even googling every thing I can think of with no avail!

I have attached 2 pictures to show what I'm looking at.

Picture 1 is the item that I am trying to make Modify/Transfer, Yes it has scripts they are all C/M/T and the textures used are all C/M/T

Picture 2 is a prim I rezed to see if it was just the item i was working with, This prim is stock no scripts or textures other then the SL Wood texture

1.png

2.png

10 hours ago, HaijiTakanowa said:

So I've been Creating Items and what not for some time now and this is the first time I've really tried to make a Item Modify/Transfer for a Gatcha and Transfer is unclickable.

O'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean but the transfer checkbox is always unclickable when the Copy checkbox is unchecked and vice versa.

13 hours ago, HaijiTakanowa said:

So I've been Creating Items and what not for some time now and this is the first time I've really tried to make a Item Modify/Transfer for a Gatcha and Transfer is unclickable. C/M/T and C/T work just fine, I've spent hours now trying to find a work around and even googling every thing I can think of with no avail!

I have attached 2 pictures to show what I'm looking at.

Picture 1 is the item that I am trying to make Modify/Transfer, Yes it has scripts they are all C/M/T and the textures used are all C/M/T

Picture 2 is a prim I rezed to see if it was just the item i was working with, This prim is stock no scripts or textures other then the SL Wood texture

If Copy is checked (Turned ON) then you can turn Transfer ON or OFF. If Copy is turned OFF, Transfer is forced to ON. If Transfer is off, then Copy is forced to ON. If you want to create No-Modify, No-Copy, and No Transfer, then put a No-Modify/No-Copy item inside the object and set the object to No-Modify, No-Transfer.

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

O'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean but the transfer checkbox is always unclickable when the Copy checkbox is unchecked and vice versa.

Freudian slip? :) transfer checkbox is never clickable when copy checkbox is unchecked. :)

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Freudian slip? :) transfer checkbox is never clickable when copy checkbox is unchecked. :)

Woops yes, a silly typo there ;)

To clarify, it is not possible to uncheck both the copy and the transfer checkboxes at the same time. If you want to uncheck one of them, you have to make sure the other is checked first.

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

If Copy is checked (Turned ON) then you can turn Transfer ON or OFF. If Copy is turned OFF, Transfer is forced to ON. If Transfer is off, then Copy is forced to ON. If you want to create No-Modify, No-Copy, and No Transfer, then put a No-Modify/No-Copy item inside the object and set the object to No-Modify, No-Transfer.

ok so I'm just waking up see if i understand this, if i tick off Copy and tick on Modify, Transfer is turned on even if it is grayed out?

44 minutes ago, HaijiTakanowa said:

ok so I'm just waking up see if i understand this, if i tick off Copy and tick on Modify, Transfer is turned on even if it is grayed out?

Not quite. The modify checkbox doesn't matter at all in this.

But if you tick on Copy, Transfer won't be grayed out anymore.

And if you tick on Transfer, Copy won't be grayed out.

16 hours ago, HaijiTakanowa said:

If you want yes-transfer and no-copy, then just turn off copy. Transfer will be checked but dimmed - the item will be yes-transfer, no-copy. Modify stands alone and is not affected by and neither does it affect copy versus transfer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.