So, what is my address?

TheVeryFirst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There has been a little talk about house numbers so I decided to through my hat in the ring.
I looked at my global address and that was just to long, but knowing every sim has a unique name and every spot on a sim has a unique three number location, this is what I came up with.
I stood next to my mailbox and looked on the world map at where I am and that is my address.
I will most likely change the look of the plaque many times but this is my first quick and dirty to see how my address plaque looks.

MyAddressBelli.jpg

• Like 7

If you search "Linden home house sign" on the Marketplace, you find one that I personally like. It is not big enough for a lot of text, but I think it has room for two lines that could look like this: (I made up the numbers)

Foxville

150/20/13

I have that sign, but can not remember to make the texture and put it up. It is on my to do - list.

My view on the address, is to go to the Linden Homes/My Home page, and then View on Map. The numbers there is the official address, in my opinion.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

From memory if you're a member of (or join) the Bellisseria Community group in world you should be able to get your hands on something called 'The House Number System', or even ask in group, or go to their Community center and you should be able to get it. It's free.

It basically just records the coordinates of the place that you rezzed it, so if you touch it, it will tell you in local chat what your "address" is on the map. The first three numbers are X coordinates, the last 3 are Y coordinates. Provided you know the region you live that's all you really need... unless you want something fancy of course!

Street signs would be a bonus but with all the regions already released I think that would be a LOT of added work for little comparative benefit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If you search "Linden home house sign" on the Marketplace, you find one that I personally like. It is not big enough for a lot of text, but I think it has room for two lines that could look like this: (I made up the numbers)

Foxville

150/20/13

I have that sign, but can not remember to make the texture and put it up. It is on my to do - list.

My view on the address, is to go to the Linden Homes/My Home page, and then View on Map. The numbers there is the official address, in my opinion.

LOL, I know its just me, and I am not good at this, but how do I get to:

Linden Homes/My Home page

From my Owned Parcels I see, Diamondtown (20,240)
And from the map I get the slurl of Diamondtown (20,240,0)
It may be my official address but I think I’ll stick with what I get standing next to my mail box.

That way if someone TP’s to it, they don’t end up someplace they really don’t want to be (LOL).  And the mail box does not move but things on my lot do, different houses and things in and around them.  By using the mail box you have a safe place to TP to, no matter who lives in the house at the time. (IMHO)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheVeryFirst said:

From my Owned Parcels I see, Diamondtown (20,240)
And from the map I get the slurl of Diamondtown (20,240,0)
It may be my official address but I think I’ll stick with what I get standing next to my mail box.

That way if someone TP’s to it, they don’t end up someplace they really don’t want to be (LOL).  And the mail box does not move but things on my lot do, different houses and things in and around them.  By using the mail box you have a safe place to TP to, no matter who lives in the house at the time. (IMHO)

Good idea. I didn't think about that. Use the mailbox spot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.