Slider sizes for a male classic avatar

kittykatBBE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A good friend of mind is really struggling to get clothing to fit his classic male avatar. I was wondering if someone had a slider body guide or number for each of the different size clothing for shirts and pants? or could send me to a place that does. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If the clothing is rigged for specific male bodies (E.g. Signature, Belleza, Slink) then he will probably struggle to get much of it to fit. Those bodies are all rigged slightly differently and usually make use of the alpha sections on the relevant body's HUD to mask off sections of the body that may poke through. Unless the clothing comes with alpha layers to hide sections of his system* avatar then it's doubtful he'll find much to fit.

What he needs to do is look for items which have the below icon on the ad images:

5979b9f038fdd_ClassicAvatarLogo.png.4540ca8ee6ab6ba3c16548148345c9d5.png

These will come with alpha layers and fit the old system avatars. He can also look for anything marked as 'standard sizing', as per below:

Standard%20Sizing%20Icon%20(Female%20and%20Male).jpg?1337352946

As with the 'classic avatars' logo, 99% of the time these are created for system bodies. He can also find the free original standard sizing shapes here on Marketplace. If he's got his face sliders set to his liking, all he needs to do is try on those standard shapes until he finds the one closest to the body size he wants, then copy down the slider numbers from the Body, Torso, and Legs tabs. He can then re-wear his current shape and transfer those numbers across to it.

Be aware that he can change any of the 'bones' sliders without affecting the fit on standard sizing. Changes to things like leg and arm length, torso length, etc will see the clothing changing with it. It's the muscle and fat sliders that will make parts of his body poke through if he sets them too high.

*I'm personally going to avoid using the word 'classic' to denote a system avatar from now on (unless I'm referring to that 'classic avatars' icon mentioned above), as 'Classic' is the name of the old TMP mesh body ('Legacy' - somewhat confusingly - being the name of the new body from there).

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kittykatBBE said:

A good friend of mind is really struggling to get clothing to fit his classic male avatar. I was wondering if someone had a slider body guide or number for each of the different size clothing for shirts and pants? or could send me to a place that does. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you mean mesh clothing? Standard sizes (xs, s, m, l, xl) or fitmesh? Or old system and prim clothes?

If you could provide more detail as to the kind of clothing, we can probably be more helpful?

In general, however, alpha layers are the way to go with a system body.

ETA: Never mind. Skell, as usual, is here to provide the encyclopedic answer (and is probably the guy who wrote the entry in the first place).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.