Questions about Lumiya viewer

Exalima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all. I have some questions and i must to know. 

I'm much a mobile user, i use my phone for almost everything related to internet social medias. I use my phone to get logged into Second Life too since most of the time i'm not at my home in front of my PC. 

But some days recently I noticed some issues with this SL mobile client called Lumiya. From day to another i noticed that Lumiya was retired from the Google Play store and i don't know why. I still have it installed on my phone, i don't have login problems. Everything seemed to work fine until I logged in today and I noticed that all animations like dances or anything stopped to work, even the AOs seems not to work anymore. I tried to fix the problem several times, even restarting my phone or installing previos versions of Lumiya but all the animations still not work.

What is happening? I want my lumiya viewer to work fine again :(

Edited by Exalima
Fix

Lumiya is, as far as I know, no longer produced or supported, and it was removed from the Google store about 4 or 5 months ago. Which means that Lumiya will not be adapted to accommodate any new changes to the way SL works. I guess you've just encountered the first of those changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lumiya was removed from the Google Play store because of policy changes on Google's side.
I don't remember what these changes were, but until Lumiya complies with these changes, they will remain off of the Google Play store.

As for the animations that stopped working, I am certain that has something to do with UDP being turned off on LL's side which happened earlier this month (like, 2 weeks ago or so). Lumiya just needs to be updated so that it retrieves all the assets over HTTP instead of UDP.

However, it must be noted that the Lumiya developer (Alina Lyvette) has been very quiet. This does not necessarily spell doom for Lumiya, it could very well be that Alina is working too hard on Lumiya 4.0 to be bothered with whatever caused Lumya to be removed from the play store.

BTW, Lumiya is still available at http://slideme.org/application/lumiya

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.