Really debating about quitting Second Life

nathkyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, ThorinII said:

Yes. Because if you say that SL is just a chat environment, you can also say that RL is just a chat environment. Both are entire worlds: RL the real one,SL a virtual one.

Your response is non sequitur.  Your "Because if you" introduces a new word, "just," which does not exist in my statement, either before or after your misquotation.

Edited by Erwin Solo
Clarity

On 7/12/2019 at 3:52 AM, nathkyo said:

I started playing Second Life (7 years 5 months; 2730 days) I played it for a couple days but didn't have a really good computer and didn't have really anyone to talk to so I stopped playing it for almost 5 years I managed to remember and get back into my account after so long. But with the new rules on buying Linden and the fees that will come from inactivity. I am seriously debating on whether or not to keep coming to here most virtual chat   do not have an inactivity fee. Why should this site have the same and to be taking it out of your bank account without warning or permission.  It's bad when imvu is looking a little bit better than Second Life. Please give me your thoughts

There are no new rules for buying linden dollars, and you will not be charged for being an inactive resident of SL.

If you have a real world currency balance - either you placed money from a credit card  into your balance or you withdrew Linden Dollars, you will be required to, at a minimum, go to the second life website and view your dashboard at least once a year. Failure to do so will place a nominal fee on those funds (they have now said no more than $3 USD). Once that balance reaches zero, you will not be charged.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

Your response is non sequitur.  Your "Because if you" introduces a new word, "just," which does not exist in my statement, either before or after your misquotation.

Words. 🙄

What I meant with "fixing" your quote is, you can't play any of these worlds. Neither SL, nor of course RL. You can play in them though. 👿

Edited by ThorinII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.