How can I stop the "rebaking textures" notifications?

Polkamatic Feller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using the latest SL viewer and chose to rebake textures. Since then, my screen is bombarded with notifications about how long every rebaking  took and every new av I can't see because my screen is scrolling with these notices that I can't close fast enough.

How can I turn off the notifications? Will this process stop or slow down?

8 answers to this question

I sounds like you have activated one of the diagnostic consoles.  Open your Advanced menu (CTRL+Alt+D) and click on Consoles to see if one of them has an X next to it.  If so, click it off.  (If you are on the V2 viewer, this may be on your Develop menu ,CTRL+Alt+Q.  I'm not sure.) 

• Like 1

Well, under Develop (v2) none of the consoles or infos were checked. It's coming up in a smaller chat window on the right side, with inventory/appearance open they scroll up the middle of the screen. Not sure what I did but it's dragging things down...I'm thinking a full reinstall will get me back on fastest, he ponders fearlessly unaware of the consequences before him.

Thanks for the help, Rolig!

You may be right that a re-install is in order. If you do that, be sure to delete everything in the current program folder on your hard drive before downloading and reinstalling. Loading a new copy on top of an old one may make you inherit old problems. You can save you archived chat logs, if you wish, though. BTW, this is not a really scary process. Your inventory is safe on SL's servers along with the rest of your account information, so re-installing should let you pick up right where you left off.

• Like 1

Yay, TEAM!! Nice detective work. I mess around with Debug settings myself sometimes just to see what they do. Sometimes the results are unexpected, though, so be sure to leave a trail of breadcrumbs if you're doing this yourself. It's always good to remember what you did so you can back out again if you need to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.