Sign in to follow this  
Jks Beck

Group(s) set to land question

Question

I own a region which is open to the public.  Originally, I set my personal group with my sweetheart for the land.  But now, I'd like to make a different group name and set to land, so I can allow blogger/photographers to rez if they wish.  I'm not sure how to manage this.  If I delete my original group, won't all items my partner placed be returned? 

Thanks

2 answers to this question

If you set autoreturn on the land, then yes; objects not rezzed under the land group will be returned.  But you can do what I do, and leave autoreturn off.  The only downside is that you have to periodically inspect your land and return things like vehicles that other people have lost, or left lying about.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jks Beck said:

I own a region which is open to the public.  Originally, I set my personal group with my sweetheart for the land.  But now, I'd like to make a different group name and set to land, so I can allow blogger/photographers to rez if they wish.  I'm not sure how to manage this.  If I delete my original group, won't all items my partner placed be returned? 

Thanks

Here is one way to do what you are thinking:

• Set auto return to zero (0) the way @Lindal Kidd mentioned.
  • Change the land group to the new group you want.
  • Be sure your partner is a member of the new group.
  • Have your partner set "Select only my objects" turned on in "Build->Options->Select Only My Objects" (LL Viewer.)
  • Have them zoom way out, looking down, then click and drag over your entire parcel so all their objects are selected.
  • Press CTRL+3 to open the edit window; set objects to the new group.
  • Close edit window to deselect objects, press ESC to return to the normal camera, edit any object to verify it is set to land group.
  • Once verified objects are in the new land group, turn on auto-return. (I set it at my home to 60 minutes, which is PLENTY of time for visitors.)
  • Like 1