texture not loading

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a product that has been rezzed for 3 months ish and on 2 faces the texture has become blurred.

Phoenix it is grey and blank,Firestorm the same in V2 it is better but blurred.

I have cleared cache a few times and no change.I rezzed a prim and put this texture on it and it works fine.I have rezzed backups and all have a blurred texture.

I then applied the same texture to the blur and all is well.

Problem.Although not a best seller I have sold quite a few of this item and would like to know if the customers copies will also be blurred.

I have changed the marketplace item just in case.

A while ago I had some texture distortion problems, including just the effect you describe, that were not fixed by clearing or deleting the cache. They were, however, fixed by deleting the settings.xml file (or renaming it so you can get it back). I assume there were settings controlling the cache that were the cause of the problem. Of course you lose all your settings when you do this and it's a pain setting them all back again. So it's a last resort.

this seems to be a problem with http textures... the viewer gets them and thinks its done before it actually is... turning that feature off, clearing cache and relogging seems to repair it.

some of the older anti blur code on TPV's could make this worse, by rerequesting the texture before it had actually finished as much as it could resulting in textures that would cyles through an even more blurry state if you watched... it seems to affect textures with alpha (in witht eh tPV anti blur, textures using shiny/bumpmap) the most.

the 977/1050 builds of Phoenix changed two default settings, due to the number of users having problems with them...

they are...

Enable VBO (now defaults to off)

and (drum roll please...)

HTTP GET Textures (now defaults to off)

users that didn't have problems with those being on should reenable them per this article

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.