Is this the beginning of Direct Delivery?

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Luna Bliss wrote:

Strange scary things happening..

5 of my skyboxes were knocked over to unavailable on the website as well as deleted from my magic box AND they disappeared from my inventory !

It would not suprise me Luna.  I strongly suspect the recent rash / increase of delivery failures are also a factor to LL Commerce / Development teams quietly integrating and testing DD on the actual production systems.  This would be no different than how they initially deployed SLM by tying it into the XSTREET service while SLM was clearly in ALPHA state.

Were you one of the DD "alpha" testers?

I think it's gonna be "New Coke"...

1) They bring us Direct Delivery, simultaneously shutting down the Magic Box system.

2) It sucks and we complain.

3) The respond amicably by agreeing to bring back the Magic Boxes.

4) When they "bring back" the "Magic Box Classic", it is less profitable for us and more profitable for them than were the original Magic Boxes, but at least works better than Direct Delivery, so enough people will be suffciently fooled by that.

You think I'm joking?

Laugh while you can.

No I wasn't in the alpha test for DD, though with this happening I wonder if I am.

After returning tonight I see all the skybox files returned to my inventory at least.

I really can't believe that flagging items on the MP and making them unavailable would cause a deletion from the magic boxes but it did.  I guess if we're thinking multiple magic boxes are a good backup system we need to think again.

This sounds more like a database glitch than an inventory deletion. If the database isn't responding with the correct info, items will seem to have disappeared. When the database gets corrected, or when communication with it is fixed, the items will reappear again.

I doubt it has anything to do with the new inventory system in testing.

Sounds plausible Paladin...but if the database is messing up all our stuff on the MP gets knocked to 'unavailable' ?

My skyboxes are frequently flagged... so I more thnk it's not a database issue...but who knows..

actually flagging it can make it unavalible, how i know? i've had people flag my rainbow stuff because it said i created it for gay/homosexual pride and eventually had to change it because "its not appriate".. not sure about the poofing from the magic boxes though.... but i will say i had an episode of one poofing on me out of the blue. so its nice to know i'm not the only one (i'm not in the direct labrat testing either)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.