Viewer 2 has been crashing on me at start up every time for a week or so now. It gives an error..

Kozi Neiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Viewer 2 has been crashing on me at start up every time for a week or so now. It gives an error when it 'finished' loading and says Problem with the region or something with the connection.. but internet is fine and phoenix will load. (Though I hate it and prefer to use Viewer 2.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times now.

Can anyone help? ):

7 answers to this question

Have you tried testing your connection?  You can run a ping test at http://pingtest.net/  The quality of your connection can vary over time with the same ISP and if you get a low result from the ping test (packet loss, high ping time, and/or high variance), your connection to the grid will be unstable and cause lots of crashes.

If you do get a low ping test result, contact your ISP provider and complain and ask that they fix the problem.

Fortunately there are not huge differences between the different updates and they are fairly frequent, so if they do break something it should get fixed ready for the next update & anyone that has problems with 2.6.3. can just skip that one and go from 2.6.2 to 2.6.4 when it is released :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.