Sign in to follow this  
marinathewitch

Catwa, appliers

Question

Question (might be dumb, but bear with me) to seasoned Catwa users: do static and bento heads use same appliers? And I am concerned about those designed for Catwa specifically, not Omega appliers that are somewhat universal. 

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, marinathewitch said:

Question (might be dumb, but bear with me) to seasoned Catwa users: do static and bento heads use same appliers? And I am concerned about those designed for Catwa specifically, not Omega appliers that are somewhat universal. 

For Catwa-specific appliers, it should be just fine. Though some will be for a specific head, such as "for Catya" or "for Steffi," etc. - those would be just fine, also but may have a different look. Any quality product will have a demo. I very strongly recommend *never* purchasing anything more than (set your L$ threshold, mine is 25L) unless there is a DEMO - and when using a demo applier, REMOVE your head, make a copy and wear the COPY - always only ever test appliers on a COPY of your head.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Catwa CSR here :)

Yes, they will take the same Catwa appliers, whether they're Bento or non-Bento. As Alyona mentioned, though, always check with a demo (and on a copy of your head - great advice there) because there's a very slim chance that things like the lip texture on the skin might not line up perfectly with the lip shape on the mesh if you're using a head that's shaped differently than the specific one that a skin was created for. It's honestly not that much of a worry, as any discrepancies will be barely noticeable and will probably only happen if you're mixing ethnicities between heads and skins, but it's always best to check.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. ❤️ I absolutely agree on demoing everything that is possible and setting a cap.

Right now I am debating a choice of new head. Not a big fan of Catwa, but having one just so I can blog Catwa-only products seems to be convenient. 

If I can do it with static head I'd rather not invest in bento. 

• Like 1