Triggering face animations with (LAQ) mesh head

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think that as it is with most questions about LAQ heads the answer is probably just "NO!" but ... 

... is there a way anyone knows of to trigger a LAQ head animation (a smile basically) with chat?  

I'm thinking of making a gesture the way we used to be able to do with the old pre-mesh bodies so that when I type ":-)" it triggers the smile animation.  I am fairly certain that traditional gestures don't work with Bento animations and that LAQ probably has the permissions all locked down on their animation, but geez it's just totally ridiculous to open up the gigantic HUD, switch to page two, and then select "smile" every time.  

I know about the "moods" and I already use them, but specific situations call for specific animations.  

It seems like a big loss that we can't do this with mesh avatars now. 

Edit:  I found the "LAQ gestures" so if anyone is reading, it *is* possible.  Unfortunately, if you bought the LAQ heads *before* they started selling the HUD separately, you only have the "old" gestures (which lets' face it are pretty sad), so you won't be able to trigger a smile.  

LAQ has updated the HUD even for those of us that bought the original heads, but they don't include the new gestures in the package.  

thanks, 

Sylvia

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

It seems like a big loss that we can't do this with mesh avatars now. 

I can't answer for LAQ, since I don't use that brand, but the above is not an ability that's been lost with Bento mesh heads. I can confirm that it's possible to do with at least one major brand.

Try looking to see if there's a pack of additional gestures included in the head's folder, perhaps? If not, then there may be some info at that store, in the support group, or on the brand's website.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I can't answer for LAQ, since I don't use that brand, but the above is not an ability that's been lost with Bento mesh heads. I can confirm that it's possible to do with at least one major brand.

Try looking to see if there's a pack of additional gestures included in the head's folder, perhaps? If not, then there may be some info at that store, in the support group, or on the brand's website.

Yeah, thanks Skell, I just found this out.  

As I amended above though ... LAQ hasn't updated the old gestures and the original "smile" is pretty lame.  They now have a good smile, but they haven't distributed it to those who bought the old heads.   😞 

1 hour ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

I'm thinking of making a gesture the way we used to be able to do with the old pre-mesh bodies so that when I type ":-)" it triggers the smile animation.  I am fairly certain that traditional gestures don't work with Bento animations and that LAQ probably has the permissions all locked down on their animation, but geez it's just totally ridiculous to open up the gigantic HUD, switch to page two, and then select "smile" every time.  

Fairly certain can mean you're wrong - and here you are...

first of you can make your own gesture with any good fullperm animations you can get hold off... (try SEMotions for smile fullperms)

second you can just trigger an old facial animation and rely on a translator HUD

AFAIK LAQ has one buildt in, but here are two 3rd party translator HUDs which use their own animations (not sure if they cover all facial animations though)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BENTO-EXPRESSION-HUD-V13-box/11827184

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HD-bento-Facial-expression-HUD-BENTO-poseao/11027732

PS: Both expression HUDs do much more... but one thing they do is translate the old face morphs... I have successfully tested both on furniture and with gestures.

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.