I need info on how to rent

BrendonFreeman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to buy a 4096 parcel that I will divide into eight 512 parcels. On each parcel there will be skyboxes staggered in height that will be partially furnished so the tenant can use what prims are left over or have the option of me pulling the skybox so they can use what they want. I bought the rental box and I'm trying to find a easy to use security orb to place on each of the parcels for added privacy if the tenant would want to use it. My question is how would I make it so that not just anyone can use a skybox as a temporary flop house when I'm not in world to keep an eye out? I'll have the parcels set on group build of course yet they will still be able to use the chairs and the bed anyway.  

yes you can do that with orbs, or group access only, or whitelisting some options depending on hight of the skybox, .. some of these options will need special group abilities for your renters to handle.
When you buy a orb system , be sure you have one to make your renters manager so they can allow visitors to come. Ánd one that doesn't scan/eject furter than the rented parcelsize or it will kick all out in a large radius...

I think your question was more along the lines of pre-rental of the skybox .. no? I don't have a specific answer for you, mainly as I do not tend to use security orbs. I would think though from my experience with them in the wild, that you can set the amount of time before the orb ejects someone. So you could set this to a reasonable period for potential renters .. but finding that right period could be hard and you'll certainly end up ejecting real customers .. and personally I'd be turned off by a place that ejected me.

To be honest I really do not think you have much to worry about, no one is going to squat. There are tonnes of rental places all over SL, none of which have security orbs to eject squaters.

Edited by Wandering Soulstar
spell, grammer
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.