Two Windlight Settings on One Parcel?

Tallulah Bilavio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I seem to remember you used to be able to set different Windlights to different heights of a parcel by specifying one up to so high and then from that height upwards a different one.  Does anyone else remember this or did I dream it lol?  Does anyone remember how to do it and is it still possible with all of the changes that have happened in SL?  Thanks in  advance for any replies :) 

2 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Tallulah Bilavio said:

I seem to remember you used to be able to set different Windlights to different heights of a parcel by specifying one up to so high and then from that height upwards a different one.  Does anyone else remember this or did I dream it lol?  Does anyone remember how to do it and is it still possible with all of the changes that have happened in SL?  Thanks in  advance for any replies :) 

It's definitely possible, but the way to do it is changing. In the past, all those parcel-specific windlight settings were viewer-specific (Firestorm only, I think) and specified according to their instructions. Now the Lab is rolling out "EEP" with the Linden project viewer supporting it on the part of the grid where it's working. I think Firestorm still supports the old way for now.

[ETA: Instructions for the Firestorm flavor of parcel Windlight are here.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.