Create 'container' object for distributing lots of iteme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Usually when I buy things I receive an object that I have to rez then open and this contains the items.

How would I go about making one of these? It seems a neat way to distribute lots of items together. I have looked but there is no 'create object' option in the inventory.

Many thanks

Any object can be used as a box. The only limitation is that it has to be modified (of course) and - if you want to sell it or give it away - transferable.

• Rezz the object you want to use as a box from your inventory or crate a brand new prim to use as a box
  • If it is not already selected to be edited, right-clik on it and select "Edit"
  • In the Edit window, click on the tab named "Content"
  • Open your inventory, find the items you want to put in the box, and drag them over to the big blank field in the Edit window.
  • In the Edit window, click on the tab named "General"
  • Give the box a suitable name
  • Change the permissions to whatever is appropriate. If you're unsure, check the "Copy" checkbox and uncheck the "Modify" and "Transfer" checkboxes
  • (Optional) Change default ckick action from "Touch" to "Open"

A few important tips:

• Don't fill up a box with too much content (10-30 items is ok). The more items there are in a box, the longer it will take to open it.
  • No copy items will be moved from your inventory to the box, copyable items will be copied to it.
  • Never ever give away or sell anything full perm unless you have a very good reson to do so.
  • If you use a full perm mesh as the box, make sure you've change the permission of it.
Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, livb89 said:

@ChinRey Hi there - not sure why I didn't see this reply till now. Thank you so much.

So obviously once you know! I will make a nice looking container box and then use that. The tip about changing the default action is really handy too!

Thank you :)

Also make VERY SURE that you understand "mixed permissions" and how they work. When you have you box ready have an alt that cannot edit your items  (in the friends settings) test by sending you box to them and having them open and make sure things are as you want them.  If you don't have an alt, then send to a trusted friend.  

It takes most folks a long time to really grasps the settings within settings rules.   You can see these in your viewer but the BEST METHOD IS ALWAYS TO TEST. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.