There's no way to add clothes to my inventory in second life, why is this?

ahomosapien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to second life - I went to a shop to get stuff that isn't one of the few newbie avatars. But it didn't work. It lets me buy something, but then its not in my inventory and the "wear now" option doesn't work. Why is that? I tried many times. 

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, ahomosapien said:

I'm new to second life - I went to a shop to get stuff that isn't one of the few newbie avatars. But it didn't work. It lets me buy something, but then its not in my inventory and the "wear now" option doesn't work. Why is that? I tried many times. 

What did you buy, and where did you buy it (inworld from a store, or from the Second Life Marketplace website)?

Depending on how it was put into the vendor you purchased it from (or the Marketplace) it could end up in any one of the following places in your inventory:

• If it was packed in a box it might have gone into your Objects folder.
  • If it was packed in a folder then you'll find that folder listed in your main inventory, under all the other folders.
  • If it was a single item (such as a clothing layer pair of pants) then it will be in the relevant section: all clothing layer items will go into the Clothing folder, etc. There are more places where different things could go, but you get the general idea. Dig around in each of the folders and see if you can find the items you purchased.

If you purchased it from the Marketplace, that has its own separate section in your inventory (assuming that you're using the default Linden Lab viewer that you download after signing up).

I'm struggling to understand why you're having issues with the 'wear now' option. What are you trying to wear? What avatar are you currently wearing? There are many different types of avatar in Second Life, but until we know which kind you're wearing we can't really offer any specific advice to help you out.

For example: if you are wearing a mesh avatar and trying to 'wear now' on a 'system skin' or a 'clothing layer' t-shirt, then there's a specific reason why that skin/t-shirt won't show on a mesh avatar. If you're wearing a system avatar and are trying to add an 'applier skin' then there's a specific reason why your skin won't change to the new one, too. And so on.

If you can share a screenshot (keep it PG, please, as per forum rules) of your current avatar and maybe of what the items that you're trying to wear look like in your inventory, we might be able to get you sorted out. You can use a program like Gyazo or Lightshot to share images here, or just take a snapshot to disk and drag it into the section at the bottom of your reply post.

Edited by Skell Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.