Keyframing for Export Import Avastar Pose question

Eve Greymoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am brand new to Blender, Avastar, and pose making, and would appreciate a little advice.  I've found lots of tutorials for most of what I need.

My question relates to keyframing the static pose.  I am currently working with a kneeling pose, so most of the bones (hoping that's the right term!  LOL such a noob)  have been adjusted in some way.  I box selected the entire avatar and hit i in Blender, and created the keyframe using LocRot.  Then exported it as bvh and imported to SL.  Seems to work fine.

My questions are, is this the "right" way to do this, or is there a more efficient way than selecting and saving the entire avatar? Is there  something else in addition I should be doing?

Thanks for the advice!

In the past I used an external program for poses (Qavimator) but a year ago or so I found an in-world option that is so much easier. Takes me 5 minutes to do what took me an hour before.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AnyPose-BVH-Pose-Stand-Includes-AnyPose-Animator/774336

It's not cheap, but basically you pop on a pose stand en use a HUD to fabricate a pose in game, so you see it directly as is. It allows you to save the pose in a file. Also has an animation option, but have not tried that yet myself. It allows up to 9 posestands to be operated from the hud, so couple/group poses are no problem either.

Also allows live editing if you like to pose where you can not rez anything. Not flawless but its a nice extra.

Now I have no idea how Blender or Avatsar work, might be just as easy. But thought I let you know about this option :)

You should keyframe separately every bone while you are working on your pose with "I/O" keys on the keyboard, or just hit  "I" than select from drop menu. That is smart thing to do as if you accedently click somewhere on the time line out of your frame, bones will go back to 0, to T pose. But if you want to keyframe all bones at once, while in pose mode, click keyboard "A" twice. First time to deselect any selected bones, and second time to select all bones. Than hit "I/O" on your keyboard for Rotation/Location values. On bone selection, they will change color.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.