music streaming

umbrulla Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So i've never had issues with SL, but on some parcels the music stream doesn't come through. Generally i don't have issues with music streams, but sometimes i walk into a silent club and its eerie. I know its not a problem with group tags, i have everything set to automatically allow, and at this point i'm wondering if its my firewall causing the problem. Does anyone have any suggestion? I'm using the regular SL viewer.

3 answers to this question

Turn the firewall off and try. That will determine if is a firewall issue. Probably not.

You might try changing your DNS service. Music streams come from 3rd parties. Your viewer issues a request for the connection from info SL provides. It then relies on your computer's DNS connection to find the music server. 

You might also try turning off your anti-virus for a few minutes to see if it is blocking the channel/site. If you are using Windows Defender, don't bother. It isn't the problem.

Try relogging in the region that is not working.

Check your viewer stats packet loss (Ctrl-Shift-1). If you are losing packets it is possible you've missed the connection and need to retry. The relog should catch this.

Thank you so much for the help! Changing DNS It seemed to fix the overall problem but i still have issues with a single parcel i frequent, i'm wondering is it possible to have a streaming service blocked in my country or by an ISP? I got the raw link to the stream but it doesn't open in any of my browsers.

7 hours ago, umbrulla Core said:

Thank you so much for the help! Changing DNS It seemed to fix the overall problem but i still have issues with a single parcel i frequent, i'm wondering is it possible to have a streaming service blocked in my country or by an ISP? I got the raw link to the stream but it doesn't open in any of my browsers.

Yes it's possible that a music stream will not play for you if it is blocked for a certain country or it's been blocked by your ISP etc.

Can you post the music stream URL here so we can test it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.