My avatar is extremely short and chubby!!! help!!!!

Viktor Arcana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive been having a weird problem the last few weeks. My avatar is normally around 7', but as of late when i log in, im really short, like 3' and chubby...its actually really embarassing. does anyone know why this could be happening? cause i cant seem to figure it out...ive tried changing shapes, and outfits, and skins...nothing seems to work. Help please.

Hello Viktor. If your avatar is so short like a dwarf means that you havent fully loaded. At first try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Also open your inventory --> type something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till your last one. After that, move in a region with less lag ( Smith is a protected land which is recommended) and try to change outfit choosing an outfit with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, eyes, hair, shirt, pants) and without attachments.

Something else you can do is to test your avatar: In Viewer 2 --> Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female

If the problem remains, clear your cache:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife

Delete everything in that folder and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

I wonder if you've been using the updated official viewer. I have and have had the same problem as yourself, which only got resolved by using a third party viewer or an older version of the official one. Actually, I tell a fib - the problem isn't identical - I see me perfectly normal - it's the others who see me looking stunted. Exactly what I look like I had to dicover through photos people took of me with their viewer.

I see you've been given suggestions as to how to resolve it and I'll be curious to hear if any of them work as I personally tried them all and none of them worked. I posted this issue in the questions bit of the forums and got a reply from Venus who very kindly has sent me a folder of stuff to try on - I haven't logged since so I haven't had a chance to see if that solves the issue but I'll let you know (and pass on the folder to you) if it does.

More than one of my friends mentioned that they'd seen several episodes of stunted avies over the last few days so I'm wondering if it isn't a bug in the latest update of the viewer. If it is, it's quite a big one as basically it stops you from playing (unless you use a third party viewer, which is pretty ironic).

Hope Venus is reading this as I couldnt figure out how to send a reply to her in the questions section in order to thank her - THANKS VENUS!!!!

This issue does seem very prevalent right now. I even saw a male Linden a couple of days ago who had been "infected". If I'm told I'm dwarfed (which usually also causes my avatar to be "enhanced" with a pair of manboobs), relogging usally cures it.

The bug doesn't seem to discriminate between viewers used. Users of any viewer seem able to fall victim.  

Did you by any chance try on a tiny avatar or some other type that is shorter than your normal shape?

You could still have the deformer on, or you could need an undeform modification. Find an undeform object and touch it. 

:smileyhappy:

A lot of 'newbie' places have one of those, like NCI.

ETA: sent you one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.