voice issues

HetfieldGod75

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Linden Labs collaborators,

I'm using the last updated Firestorm version (beta OSx64 6.0.1.56538). Using Win 7 pro version (x64) as OS. Everything was ok once update installed.

Since two days, nevertheless, Got some issues to get voice useful back. I've checked my hardware, set my current headset in preferences. Nothing changes at all. I don't head up to regions where voice is not allowed. My home region is Mooter (voice not restrained). Even when I visit my guy, the problem persists. I've also checked my sound mixer which works fine, I also tested on Skype just to get sure it wasn't my headset, and it's not. Also deactivated my windows firewall to have voice enabled. Nothng changed at all, even reloggin works one time on five...

So, or I'm a complete dumb or there must have a very serious problem which is not fixed with voice. I'm disappointed to know that most of my friends got it workin, and doesn't coopearte for me. What's the problem? I myself have no idea...

Wishin u could do your best to fix that as fast as possible. If not, will have to leave SL for good. And it will be very unfortunate because it's not what I'm looking for...

Best regards in advance,

hetfieldgod75

3 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, HetfieldGod75 said:

Hello Linden Labs collaborators,

I'm using the last updated Firestorm version (beta OSx64 6.0.1.56538). Using Win 7 pro version (x64) as OS. Everything was ok once update installed.

Since two days, nevertheless, Got some issues to get voice useful back. I've checked my hardware, set my current headset in preferences. Nothing changes at all. I don't head up to regions where voice is not allowed. My home region is Mooter (voice not restrained). Even when I visit my guy, the problem persists. I've also checked my sound mixer which works fine, I also tested on Skype just to get sure it wasn't my headset, and it's not. Also deactivated my windows firewall to have voice enabled. Nothng changed at all, even reloggin works one time on five...

So, or I'm a complete dumb or there must have a very serious problem which is not fixed with voice. I'm disappointed to know that most of my friends got it workin, and doesn't coopearte for me. What's the problem? I myself have no idea...

Wishin u could do your best to fix that as fast as possible. If not, will have to leave SL for good. And it will be very unfortunate because it's not what I'm looking for...

Best regards in advance,

hetfieldgod75

Hi,  you are posting on a resident forum.  Lindens don't always read the forums.  Have you tried everything on the firestorm page voice troubleshooter?

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

• Like 2

Yes, checked my hardware and used it as test on Skype. Worked properly. Also on another recorder, same result. So, the hardware is not the problem.

Can't myself explain why but once I head to my guy's home, openin the audio device sttings over there, got those things which aallow u to check the voice level, I click on ok then it's back. Whatever if I tp or what. Now, the problem is that once I relog baack, the issue seems bein back. Don't ask me why, I myself try to understand what the heck is going actually... I can handle on most of issues with my pc but at that point where I can't find any logical reason... Can't make much more than testing different options which have worked. So the first thing is that it's NOT because of my hardware at all...

Trying other options, if it can help but I'm pretty sure it won't... :/

8 hours ago, HetfieldGod75 said:

My home region is Mooter

I can confirm voice is broken on Mooter region.
This will affect anyone who logs in directly to Mooter.
This is a known voice bug - see BUG-7371 - Voice cannot connect. Bad Gateway

The only fix for this problem is a region restart.
For now, login to a region that has working voive & then teleport into Mooter - voice should then work for you on Mooter as long as you don't disable & re-enable voice while on Mooter region.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.