My avatar looks like a bright beam of light. I can't see my avatar, but people can apparently see it just fine.

MishaC25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you so much for your reply. I think it was my new AO, that a friend gave me yesterday. I don't know how an AO could cause the problem I had, but im almost positive that was the problem.  Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Just now, MishaC25 said:

I just started over with my avatar, and remade her again

That was probably the cure.  The simplest solutions mentioned in that link I gave you involved replacing one or more of the four basic parts of your av: eyes, hair base, shape, or skin. Basically, anything that forces your graphics card to completely re-render your av  is often enough to clear a bake fail.  Your av was just temporarily stuck in a partly rendered state, so it assumed the default -- an amorphous shape that has been described as a fluffy cloud, a ghost, a ball of light.  We're all there briefly as we log in.  If your Internet connection is acting wonky, your avatar appearance file may not load properly and clear the cloud.  There are other causes for a bake fail, but that's a common one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.