How do I find out what tiny bit of my house must be over the property line?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I can see, my house is entirely on my parcel.  But there were some unused parts I've been trying to unlink (those parts I moved well within my parcel), and it won't unlink them because apparently there must be some tiny spot in which my house overlaps the neighboring parcel.

I'd be happy to fix that, but I can't find where it is.  It could be an invisible part, though I looked with it highlighted, etc..  How do I find it?  I was trying to even think of a reason for the rule in the first place (any encroachment if I unlinked them is already happening with them linked), but I suppose without the rule someone could sneak something onto someone else's parcel by linking it, moving it on, and then unlinking it.

But there should be an easier way to see what I need to un-stretch or move to stop the encroachment.

I believe Ctrl + Alt + Shift + P enables property lines and shows what's inside yours and others parcels i have them on all the time helped me to see my neighbour was encroaching my parcel just a little bit i returned their objects the first time, suggested they enable the property lines so there wasn't any further encroachment but the re--rezzed stuff has a tiny area of encroachment much less than before. If the item is 'invisible' Ctrl + Alt + T will highlight all transparent items if you use it with property lines you'll see if anything transparent is encroaching 

Alternatively, go to the ground level and rez four prims, size them so that each is the length of a boundary size and fits just inside the parcel boundaries, (a trick here is to make one dimension thin and shift the prim out from your parcel until it suddenly gets snapped back),  link them together then edit the linkset and change the Z-figure to get it up to the height of your house, and you will then be able to see any encroachment.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
swap an s for a t, as usual
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.