Don't have my lindens?

Hideki Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have always used the left window when buying lindens which every time I use it, I get the lindens right away. Well, I saw on the right window that I could get almost like 100L more than I was getting with the left window, and after spending like $17, I still have no lindens to show for it. It said it'd be like 10 minutes to fill the order, but it's been nearly an hour and I still have no L.

Basically, my question is this. Did I mess up and like, just lose $17 doing something that I didn't understand what I was doing? Is there a way to fix this? Should I just keep waiting and eventually I'll get the lindens?

Please help, I'm kind of panicking 'cause that's almost $20 gone. Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

2 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Hideki Constantine said:

So I have always used the left window when buying lindens which every time I use it, I get the lindens right away. Well, I saw on the right window that I could get almost like 100L more than I was getting with the left window, and after spending like $17, I still have no lindens to show for it. It said it'd be like 10 minutes to fill the order, but it's been nearly an hour and I still have no L.

Basically, my question is this. Did I mess up and like, just lose $17 doing something that I didn't understand what I was doing? Is there a way to fix this? Should I just keep waiting and eventually I'll get the lindens?

Please help, I'm kind of panicking 'cause that's almost $20 gone. Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

your lindens aren't gone, and you bought none... but you offered to buy at a certain rate. If that rate isn't the current market value, your order won't proceed. Below the buy window you can see the current rates. If yours isn't close to the one at top you might rethink and cancel the order, to place it back at a closer exchange rate. Or just be patient... Or do a market buy.
You can see your open buy order at your account page, click the "manage" button next to the buy at your accountpage.

If you cancel a open order, your money will go to your USD balance, from there it will be taken as first when you place a new order or pay fees, before your payment method is charged.

As Ethan says, the "Limit Buy" option is an OFFER to buy $L, at some specified exchange rate.  If the rate you offered is close to the current market value, you will likely not have to wait too long for it to be filled.  But if it is too far "out of the money", you could be waiting a LONG time...even forever.  The time estimate given by the Limit Buy window is just that...an estimate, and it can be wildly off.

Your money isn't gone!  But, once you've made the offer, it's put into "escrow" by LL and held until the order is filled.  If you get tired of waiting, you can go into LindEx/My Order History and cancel your open order.  Then you can either make another offer at a rate more attractive to sellers, or you can just make a Market Buy as you've done in the past.

For more details, see my blog post, "Trade $L Like a Pro".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.