How can I transfer group owned land to another group, including all objects on it (non deeded)?

Illiara Restless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've decided to split my store from the rest of the sim and now I also want to be able to use group functions in scripts for furniture group access and such.

• I'm owner of both groups
  • I have estate rights, however I rent the sim from a landlord so any changes other then restarts and terrain settings might need to be asked about first. So I want to avoid any changes there.
  • Objects are owned by several people, all of them are non deeded objects.

I've looked into it and the only way I think would work is:

1. Settings autoreturn to 0.
  2. Sell land through "About land" -> "General" -> "Sell Land". With price at 0 L$, and sell land to specific user (me). Keeping ownership of all objects.
  3. The I buy the land and deed it to the new group, and setting all objects to the new group*

* How would I set all objects to the group, I have mod rights of everyone in the group - yet changing the group of those object is impossible. Also, are little prims included when mass selecting almost a whole sim? Is there a better way?

That's about it, land is rather serious so I'd like some advice from people first.

• Thanks 1

5 answers to this question

Having gone through a similar process with a shopping mall, you've got the steps layed out properly.  Unfortunately there is no easy way to reset all the objects to another group.  So the steps are:

1. Turn autoreturn off (set to 0)
  2. Sell land to yourself
  3. Deed land to new group
  4. Set all objects to new group

Use the About Land - Objects tab to monitor your progress.  Objects Set to group vs Owned by others are your indicators of success.  Because we could not change the objects belonging to the shop renters, we allowed a couple of days for the transistion and sent notices based on who had or hadn't changed their objects over to the new group.  At the end of the period, I think we had maybe 2 objects out of 2000+ that were not changed over and we ended up returning them prior to turning autoreturn back on.

Edited to add:  You can select multiple objects and change their group, but if I recall, they have to all belong to the same owner.  So using Select only my objects will allow you to mass select and change.  But with multiple owners of objects it didn't seen to work at the time.

--Cinn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In addition to Cinn`s post, one really important to thing to avoid massive returns, when you have the whole sim set to the same group even if the land is split into plots they still "share" prims, if you create a plot to change to a different group, you need to make sure that the plot is big enough so that the prim limit is high enough to cover all the prims you want on it. If you don`t then as soon as the plot has a different owner all the extra prims will be returned.

Also when changing groups on your objects, if you switch on "select only my objects" and do bulk selections it makes that much easier and when you use "show" for objects with a different owner, in about land If you still have select only your objects on, it will just highlight your own objects that still need changing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The prims are related to plot size, so work out how many prims you are using for the shop and give it enough land to cover that..
As a rough guide you can use 117 prims per 512sqm, as it only ever varies by one or 2 prims from that calculation.

EDIT: Thats based on a regular 15K prims sim, I assume yours isn`t a homestead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.