Linden Realm Wiki and user contribution?

Hexapoda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Realm is a fun game but for many users that speak Russian or Portuguese can it be hard to understand what they shall do, so one idea I had was for the user community to make adtiitional translations of https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Realms_-_The_Search_For_Magellan to help those users, but in the official Wiki page can we read this:

Official Linden Lab® Information: You may access and link to this page, but you may not copy, distribute, modify, adapt, or translate any content on this page. This content is subject to the Terms of Service and is not available under the Creative Commons or any other license.

Now I want to know if there is any way the user community to help without breaking the ToS? If it is not possible to create an translation or make a similar Wiki-page in another language, would it me within the ToS if we made a note-card with the text from the game translated into other languages?

I post this in Second Life Web for the main question is about contributing to the Wiki.

You can certainly make a web page of blog page with instructions IN YOUR OWN WORDS about the game. I did that oh so long ago here with the old Realms: https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2012/01/linden-realms-101-beginners-guide.html

BUT the trick will be to get that out to the folks you want to see it.   Long long ago the wiki was public. I know as I was invited to contribute my Windlight settings. But times have changed so official contribution isn't an option.  

If there are any gaming groups in SL with the languages you want to reach, then joining those with the idea of getting the word out would likely be your best bet. Be sure and read the group rules however.  Not all groups let outside links.   

Good luck 

Personally, "I" would stay away from anything that looks like a wiki. That would likely (or could) get you in trouble. 

• Thanks 1

I saw that players I Linden Realm were using the info board that displayed the Wiki page, my idea was that this would be the best place for translation and help in other languages, but we shall not forget that there are always other solutions we can look for like blogs, Reddit, notecards and G+ (just kidding on the last one). But the problem then is to get the user to find it without soliciting with signs within LR.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.