cloud

jules2011

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Rebaking (CTRL+Alt+R) sometimes works, but if your computer and SL's servers are having a hard time agreeing on what you should look like, sometimes it's necessary to rebuild your avatar from scratch.  It's easy.  Go to CTRL+Alt+Q (if you are on the V2 viewer) or CTRL+Alt+D (if you are on any other viewer), and select Character >> Character Test (Male/Female).  That will reset your avatar to newbie factory settings.  You will need to add your favorite shape, skin, and attachments to get back to looking normal again.  I keep all of those things in an inventory folder that I call Emergency ME, so that I can just drop the entire folder on my avatar and recover in an instant after rebuilding.

• Like 1

Hello again jules. Open your inventory, type something in filter there and wait fetching ALL your item there till the last one. After try to change outfit. Move at a region with less lag, it helps.  Something else you can do is to check your avatar.

Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Test --> Test Male / Female.

If the problem remains, clear your cache:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife

Delete everything in that folder and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.