(I was told to repost here) Looking for a place to open commissions

wheresunsetsdream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am an artist who does watercolor and digital art. I've been lacking in things to see and do on SL, and a friend recommended that I start selling my art for something to do. 

Thing is, I need to rent a place in order to sell posters and advertise commissions. I have no idea where to even look!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for reading!

2 hours ago, wheresunsetsdream said:

Thing is, I need to rent a place in order to sell posters and advertise commissions. I have no idea where to even look!

OK, I saw your other one, and hmmm, hard toi guess where to put it. Let's do it here and ask the mods to move it :D

You have two options!

* You can become premium (which is US$72 a year, but you do get US$60 back, a little "refunded" each week) and then buy 1024 square metres of land on mainland as a one time purchase. From that point you have no more to pay but your premium (which also gets a few more benefits that might interest you) 

1024 square meters of land should allow you a small gallery. A good start. If you pick your region well you will have room to grow (for a small extra cost)

You can also rent land from many real estate agents. These might range from US$5.00 and up. If you do this, and rent on a private estate, be very careful of the covenant. Some of them don't allow a shop, some do. Also some will restrict the build you can do.

Lastly, either way of the two above, if your art or commisssions include genitals, you may need to restrict yourself to adult only land! So, consider what you want to show people before you make any purchase. If you are going premium you can look at the continent just north of http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Farumier/154/158/51 otherwise, talk to the land's estate agent about your needs.

Good luck!

sell your art on the marketplace. Costs you 0 to get started

even if your stuff doesn't sell in large quantities on marketplace, people who like your work will usually check out your profile. On your profile say that you do commission work also. Basically treat your marketplace offerings as a customer awareness and self-promotion program

when you start getting in some money then look at getting a inworld location - assuming you see your work as a income earning enterprise

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I'm not sure I want to gamble on a premium account just yet, maybe I'll buy it when I've saved enough IRL money. I might try the Marketplace route, for the time being. How would I get started on selling my art? Just buy a full perm frame and put them in there and sell that along with the png?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.