Bed Menu Unaccessible for other if I am offline or offsim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a bed for our group's land (best animations I seen so far), unfortunately people are only able to access the bed's menu (blue window pop up) when I am online and that the group's land. I contacted the creator who gave me a new bed and an object to update the bed. Followed all the instructions (delete all rezzed beds, delete the original bed rezzer and get a fresh copy from the rezzer provided by the creator, add the new bed to group's loand, rezz updater, chose update from the bed's menu window .) and no one else is able to access the bed's menu (security setting set to all). So, I reseted via the build tag on SL's viewer as suggested by the creator. Now others can access the bed's menu if, and only if I am online and at my group's land. The bed does not behave in the same way my home in another region. The creator said that could be a glitch and when a copy of the bed is at the group's land, it acts as if it is attached to me. Thus, users only are able to open the deb's menu and use the animations when I am the sim.

Spoke to support and followed their instructions: reseRestart start SLViwer,  delete caches, turn pc off, turn modem off. Then, turn modem, and pc on. Log back into sl. Delete bed and rezz a new copy. Nothing changed. People are only able to access the bed's menu window when I am at the group's land.

I'm at my wits end lolol please help (ticked was submitted). 

Best regards,

--Pebbles 

Just now, Whirly Fizzle said:

If the land is group owned, you probably have to deed the bed to the group so the pose balls can rez.

^^  Whirly beat me to it.  Or if the bed is mod you could use the open source AVsitter scripts.  Change the bed with balls to one without and then no probs

• Like 1

Hello. I  have done that and still does not work for others when I am offline or on another sim. 

So to be clear. Others are able to access the bed's menu and use the bed when I am at my group's land regardless of how far from the bed I am. However, if I leave the sim no one is able to access the bed's menu (even if they reset the scripts).

On my home, which is in another region, I also own the group and the land is deeded to my home's group whereas the bed is not, but security is set to all users (just like in the other group's land in the adult maturity rating region). 

It's bizarre  lol 

Thanks Whirly and Cindy for your replies.

Best regards,

--Pebbles

Edited by Samie Bagley

Do you have build/rez disallowed for Everyone and disallowed for the group on this parcel?
If so, build/rez powers are only granted via the group's role option "Always allow 'Create Objects'".

If you have permission (through group roles) to "Always allow 'Create Objects'", then your scripts only shares those permissions when you're online.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Do you have build/rez disallowed for Everyone and disallowed for the group on this parcel?
If so, build/rez powers are only granted via the group's role option "Always allow 'Create Objects'".

If you have permission (through group roles) to "Always allow 'Create Objects'", then your scripts only shares those permissions when you're online.

Whirly, Going to try fix that right now and I have a feeling this will resolve the issue (at my home  build/rezz is allowed and all works just fine).  I f/u with the outcome.

'

Thank you :)

Edited by Samie Bagley
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 6:27 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Or if the bed is mod you could use the open source AVsitter scripts.  Change the bed with balls to one without and then no probs

Do you have ANY idea just how much work that is? It's not for the faint of heart. While there is a converter script, it does not work with all poseball based systems and only does about 1/2 the job when it does. For a bed with hundreds of animations it can take many many hours to do this conversion. Days.

If anything, I'd go back to the creator and ask THEM to convert. Many people won't even BUY poseball-based furniture anymore (poseballs have been obsolete for over 5 years....) 

Recommendation while shopping - if you come across something you like, but it uses poseballs, IM the creator. Tell them "your product looks great but I see that it still uses the antiquated poseball system. Have you considered releasing an updated version that doesn't? Due to a variety of issues, I no longer buy items that still use poseballs."

Edited by Sharie Criss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharie Criss said:

Do you have ANY idea just how much work that is?

Yes.  I am also aware some creators are updating.  We've never used poseballs but we do go back and update past furniture when new AVsitter scripts are available eg when the attachments experience was released a while ago.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:22 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Yes.  I am also aware some creators are updating.  We've never used poseballs but we do go back and update past furniture when new AVsitter scripts are available eg when the attachments experience was released a while ago.

Okay, I'm just surprised anyone would recommend going through a personal conversion project in light of the enormous effort it takes. I've done several, and found that it's just not worth the time as I can't "resell" the effort. It's worth it to just spend another few thousand lindens to just buy something that was made right to begin with. Creators on the other hand will find it worth the time and effort as it increases the marketability of their older products. I've seen quite a few refresh old products with the same animations, but updated mesh primwork and new scripts. Some (few) offer the update for free but most charge for it (which is fair - it's a lot of effort!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharie Criss said:

Okay, I'm just surprised anyone would recommend going through a personal conversion project in light of the enormous effort it takes. I've done several, and found that it's just not worth the time as I can't "resell" the effort. It's worth it to just spend another few thousand lindens to just buy something that was made right to begin with. Creators on the other hand will find it worth the time and effort as it increases the marketability of their older products. I've seen quite a few refresh old products with the same animations, but updated mesh primwork and new scripts. Some (few) offer the update for free but most charge for it (which is fair - it's a lot of effort!)

I just offered an option to the OP.  I can't assume how much they love the bed, how much the creator will help or their skills in modding stuff.   I did it to all our opensim furniture after years of only having MLPV2 available to use there so for me the effort was worth it.  I have never used poseballs in SL though so I guess years of using AVsitter helped the process for me.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.