Error when editing more than one listing

m0ld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My steps:

1. Go to Marketplace Listings

2. Select multiple listings (i've found that more than 3 usually gives this error)

3. Go to "Modify Selected Items: Edit" and press Go

4. change some fields... in this case I'm mass-editing "Permissions", "Details" and "Category".

5. Press Update

This is the error I receive: "So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back! We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

EDIT: I'm seeing that it's related to marketplace listings that have no titles. Even if I get the error, the listings with titles still have most of the changes applied, but the listings without titles do not. It looks like listings need to have a title before being edited to prevent this error?

Here's my questions:

1. Is there a way to get around this error? e.g. is there a reliable max number of listings I can edit before I get this error?

2. Where can I file this bug if it's not already been filed? Can I edit to an existing case somewhere?

3. What causes a marketplace listing to "lose" its name (have a blank name field) when the item is listed via Firestorm's Marketplace Listings menu?

Edited by m0ld
Additional question

Thanks.

Here's the bug report in case anyone here has anything they would like to add.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225332

Seems like the blank listing names are created by Firestorm, and that it may have something to do with moving more than one item into a listing (e.g when you have more than one of the same gacha in a folder).

If anyone knows what I might be doing to create the un-named listings, let me know! It would sure save me a lot of time not having to individually rename all of the listings without a name :)

Edited by m0ld
  • Like 1

if you try to bulk-edit multiple listings some of which have no titles that won't work. Isn't it an old bug which has been there since the new Viewer Managed Marketplace? I had this problem for years. The workaround is to edit the nameless listing, just give it a name and save (can be still unlisted), and then you can bulk-edit them. Here is one of the threads about it:

Is that the same thing you are talking about? Apparently those names end up in other languages tabs... never checked that myself...

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.