Graphics Volume disapears / everything trans/white

Kralus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

?This has been happening lately, about every 10-5 minutes the game/graphics Volume will turn off and everything disappears leaving literally everything invisible except for the basic mesh of my avatar.  I have to hit cont+Shift+Alt+9 to turn it back on. pc 1year old, windows 10 desktop, nvidia 950.. I have other games such as Black Desert Online which is extremely high in graphics and I do not have any issues anywhere except in SL. I use the latest firestorm viewer, all drives are up to date.. feels like a glitch in game. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

3 answers to this question

This isn't a glitch in the game/viewer. If it were, we would have thousands of people complaining. So, you are seeing a local problem.

Lindal has made the best suggestion. I suggest you go looking for something that is causing CTRL-Alt-Shift-9 to fire. Remove all gestures and scripted attachments. If that solves it add each item you wear back and item at a time. 

You might also as in the Firestorm in-world support. If people are having similar problems, they will know. If not, you'll get a deer-in-the-headlights response.

If it doesn't solve the problem, switch over to the the Linden viewer and see if you have the same problem. (Basic troubleshooting requires 2 or more viewers. For issues that escalate to Linden Support you need to be using the Linden Viewer.) If not then it is a Firestorm thing. Try deleting your settings and letting the viewer revert to the default settings.

If that doesn't solve it, look through what is running on your computer. It is tedious but you can shut down most Windows background tasks and apps and restart them one at a time until you find it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.