Super simple hair rig video?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So it's been four (OMG five!) years since I rigged hair and I have so VERY much forgotten. I still have my hair files however and there isn't all that much hair over on the "S" grid.   So I am looking for a super simple hair rigging tutorial. My buddy at Cloud Party  @RipleyVonD made a video for me back then but that was SO long ago it isn't in my YouTube list -- and it may never have been on YouTube anyway -- it's all blurry. In case he is still around, that one would be great if it is still up somewhere :D.

Meanwhile. No Avastar, no weigh painting. I just need to know how to get "non-rigged" hair in that no moving and flowing vein to get placed on the top of the head. I know it isn't a huge deal, but it is when you haven't done it in so long.

I spent about an hour looking at hair videos but didn't find anything like what I needed. So any hints appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

Thanks will look at those soon. I did TRY but my hair (for Sansar so different than here a little) either wasn't really rigged OR I didn't import correctly. I uploaded as "non-rigged" hair and it works fine but would like to regain that skill (been a few years). Appreciate the link. 

Well it might help in the FUTURE but I really need some TALKING or at least text overlays. Watching a lot of clicks doesn't work for me (or lots of other folks hence they way my tutorials are made :D) but I do appreciate your try! TY.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

One of the Sansar Devs, Snow made a simple rigging video and I am hoping that will solve my issues. It was for another person (many it seems from the comments so a good thing) but I saw a couple of steps that I didn't know about so maybe that will solve my  issue. I have some super cool sunglasses that I made today and some new bangles so getting there with the accessories. Fashionista status will not be mine for a long while though. Thanks all. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.