Land Not Showing in Search

Avivanoelleboston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Just so you know, you don't actually need to pay the L$30 and give the land a Search listing in order for it to appear in land-for-sale search. You may have other reasons to list the land in regular Search, but it's not necessary.

For whatever it's worth, somebody else recently reported that it was taking an unreasonable time for land to appear in the for-sale search (hmm... and was asked whether they'd paid the L$30 :S) but there's no record of how / if that was resolved.

This used to take effect almost instantly. Folks told of land bots swooping down to snatch up parcels in mid-transfer.

Probably unrelated, but the auction system is currently in the midst of very big changes and that system touches the land for sale listings so it might have something to do with it.

If it were me, I might file a Support ticket.

Hi Qie!  That was me who suggested that if land wasn't listed in Search to begin with (by paying the weekly fee) it might affect whether it showed up in Search when set for sale.  However, that was just speculation...you could very well be right that even land not set to show in Search should show up for sale.

I have also noticed that the Websearch "Land and Rentals" search engine is often way behind the fair in the other direction.  When I go to visit parcels that it has reported are for sale, I arrive at places that are most definitely NOT for sale.  I have not checked the alternative "Land Sale" tab search engine provided by Firestorm to see if the same errors are returned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.