Teleporting Without Intervention

Turokhan Legion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So here is the answer to the NOT opting in question.  It isn't the answer though to the portals LIKE the ones at Portal Park that USED to be around and worked the same.  It also isn't the answer to why non-experience version works in Opensim :D and has for years.   There is a possibility of course that once "Experiences" became usable by the public, the early function was blocked. Also, those that had those private portals back in 2012 could have been alts of Lindens with inside info.  That seems like it would have been a bad plan, but who knows. 

Anyway the Linden experiences are NOT opt in:  

image.thumb.png.feb52db94590d1a1b1e17439ff7a1f91.png

• Thanks 1

As Chic has said, we use blamgates to travel in Opensim all the time.  It's trivial provided the region administrator has ignored *their* scary "The world will end!" warnings and set the "threat level" high enough.  Even teleporting to foreign grids can be done this way.

Don't the Stargates here use RLV/RLVa?  I've seen them occasionally throw up the map, but IIRC that was because I'd turned off RLV and they fall back to llMapDestination.

If you don't mind pointers from the Opensim community, check the script repositories there.  Outworldz.com comes to mind, and there are others.  A quick Google search should get you started.  Obviously, the OSSL functions won't work here, but many of Fred's scripts at Outworldz only use LSL.

Good luck. :)

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That doesn't explain THE REALMS which has always been my point. As I said I have never played Horizons. So what happens with your alt at the Portal Park?  

I did take my alt to Portal Park and went through the Realms portal. Auto-teleport, auto attach HUD, etc. No sign of activity in Avatar/Experiences...

Relogged this morning, and there's a  "New Linden Realms" experience now listed in my alt's Avatar/Experiences...

Just what the difference is between the Linden Realms experience my main belongs to and the New Linden Realms experience my alt has been joined to is, I have no idea, and I'm not particularly inclined to do the research required to find out.

Point being, except for the couple of days when the new, improved, llTeleportAgent went live and before its potential as a griefing vector (I think that's the current terminology) was vividly demonstrated to the Lab and resulted in its abrupt withdrawal, there's never (at least, since around 2005/2006 when I first started using SL) been a publicly available "seamless", non-experience, TP facility in SL. It's entirely possible, however, that the Lab has a selection of script functions available only to its employees and trusted agents that could do this, but are not available to us users.

Edited by KT Kingsley

12 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

I did take my alt to Portal Park and went through the Realms portal. Auto-teleport, auto attach HUD, etc. No sign of activity in Avatar/Experiences...

Relogged this morning, and there's a  "New Linden Realms" experience now listed in my alt's Avatar/Experiences...

Just what the difference is between the Linden Realms experience my main belongs to and the New Linden Realms experience my alt has been joined to is, I have no idea, and I'm not particularly inclined to do the research required to find out.

Point being, except for the couple of days when the new, improved, llTeleportAgent went live and before its potential as a griefing vector (I think that's the current terminology) was vividly demonstrated to the Lab and resulted in its abrupt withdrawal, there's never (at least, since around 2005/2006 when I first started using SL) been a publicly available "seamless", non-experience, TP facility in SL. It's entirely possible, however, that the Lab has a selection of script functions available only to its employees and trusted agents that could do this, but are not available to us users.

It SEEMS like with all this conversation we have figured out that it DID work at one time. Likely Opensim "borrowed" the code or as has been said just ignored the warnings (OS folks aren't big on warnings -- independent folks LOL) and did there own thing -- hence the ability there. 

LL could have certainly blocked the ability after seeing a threat and so that code is perhaps not usable here. That APPEARS to be the story anyway. 

Me? I just give folks landmarks so that they have them when they need them -- LOL. Lazy, old-fashioned gal. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.