Eye Problem, Please HELP!

Deesse Bloodrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That would be because your lashes are "painted" on your skin. When you blink, the skin on the eyelids stretches, causing that effect. If you switch to plain skin and use the mesh eyelashes supplied with the head, they should move properly when you blink.

Edited by angeoco
just noticed she said she is wearing a mesh head
  • Like 2

I think itd more mesh head issue, than problem of specific skin. I experinced that myself with different skins (brands) and different Catwa heads.

Maybe more creators made make-up fixes for that, I'm familiar with only one, its from Izzie Button (she made them not only for Catwa, but also for Logo and Lelutka, so I guess, Catwa isn't the only head with this problem):

Closed Eyes Appliers (Catwa)

I guess it was made for pictures with closed eyes. With eyes opened the inner area around eye will be probably too light and wont look good - I think this is exactly the reason why most of skins skins have the area darker (even bare skins with no makeup). So I beleive thats not "wrong skin", its there for reason, sadly the mesh eyelids is hard to make look good in both states - it looks good open with darker skin around OR closed with lighter "bare" skin around.

Your screenshot looks like you have Catwa lashes off in the Catwa master hud - make them visible and find some nice lashes applier, it will partly "hide" the issue and then it will probably look still acceptable as long as you aren't about to take close portrait with closed eyes.

(I'm not creator myself, so this is just my personal opinion based on observation).

Edited by loverdag

Those are definitely painted-on lashes on the skin. Look beneath the outer corner of the eye and you can see them there:

5b38e7097c461_lashesandstretch.JPG.adc2a1ba35b890a2666460d8c399302e.JPG

You can also see how the freckles and overall textures on the upper cheekbones are stretched upwards. I wouldn't mind betting that the specific skin in this case is (if not a full- then at least a partial-) system-to-applier conversion. There is absolutely no reason for a mesh head applier skin to have lashes painted on it, since all mesh heads have built-in lashes.

Just to be certain, however, check the eye makeup section on your Catwa Master HUD and clear both upper and lower layers. Then check that you have both Hardware Skinning and Anistropic Filtering enabled on your viewer's graphics settings. (If you're using the LL viewer, you'll find them in the Graphics > Advanced section.)

If you want to continue wearing that skin, then the Izzies applier that Loverdag posted is the best option. We recommend it in the Catwa support group to those who have issues with painted lashes on skin appliers that they love.

With regard to this:

52 minutes ago, areneemurray said:

I have tried to apply mesh lashes and they won’t apply. 

Check that you haven't hidden your lashes. I don't see them in the image above, and they need to be visible in order for applier lashes to work. Second tab of the Master HUD, look in Show/Hide and ensure that both upper and lower lashes have a black circle around them, like below:

5b38e631aa896_catwalashes.jpg.72670fa1a0d4f4dd5936c6d8a49b4d30.jpg

If you're trying to apply Omega lashes instead of Catwa lashes you'll need to be wearing the Catwa Omega relay at the same time. And, if SL (or the region you're in/connection you're using) is laggy, then sometimes toggling the Mask/Blend buttons on the lash area of the Master HUD can trigger the applier to work.

Edited by Skell Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.