X,Y,Z maybe wrong on mesh when using Car script

Bedlam Ansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I imported a mesh vehicle I had made, all was well until I put a simple Car Driving script into the contents.  (I didn't write the script).

If you press the up arrow, the vehicle rotates upward front first, if you press the down arrow the vehicle rotates downward back first.

I you press right or left the vehicle slides to the right or left.

Up and down arrow keys should be for forward/backward movement, and left/right arrow keys should turn the vehicle left or right.

So I think the X,Y and Z are mixed up in either the script or the mesh.

How can I sort this out?

Put the vehicle script in a transparent cube prim and link it to the vehicle , making it the root.  You may still need to do some minor triage to get it to recognize child prims correctly, but that's the standard easy solution for dealing with wierdly-oriented mesh.  Someone may also suggest adding a llSetVehicleRotationParam command to reorient things.  That sometimes works but it can also mess some things up.  Give it a try anyway.

• Like 1

Also, you may be able to re orient the mesh before uploading?

go to object mode and clear or zero rotations, then go to edit mode and re-orient... or something like that?

in blender, to center an object's  pivot point...  obj mode > obj > transform . origin to geometry

Edited by Xiija

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.