permission issue- NO copy, no mod, no trans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Somehow I am able to create objects that have NO Permissions.  I'm not talking about conflicting permissions (prim is no copy, script is no mod/no trans)  I'm talking in the object properties tab I can make and sell objects that have NONE of the three boxes checked.  I don't know how... and it's not possible to do it when I create the original prim, appears to happen when I take copies of certain objects?  At least as near as I can tell.  I've just noticed it on several of my items and am having to dig them out, redo the permissions, and relist.  Anybody know WHY this is happening?  Is it a bug?  (and yes... I know, I'm learning, tripple check permissions. :)   )

When th item is in your Inventory hover over it & select Properties. You should be able to change the permisions there. You should alo be able to change the Permission when you rez the object & go into Edit mode, at the bottom of the first tab. If neither of those options work, then perhap someone else has an idea?

I'd suggest a couple of things.  First, permissions on inventory items do seem to get borked occasionally, for no apparent reason. This happens especially on scripts and notecards, which suddenly tell you that you have insufficient permission to read them.  I have found that it always works to grab the reluctant item, drag it into a new prim, and use the Permissions button in Contents to reset the item to full perms.  I don't understand why, but that slaps some sense into the permissions system.

Second, turn on the Debug Permissions option in your Advanced menu so that you can see from the code letters (VCBTF) what permissions have actually been recorded on any asset.  I can't count the number of times that I have thought I had permissions set properly but had messed up somewhere along the line.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.