Physics Hiccup

NK680514

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hard to tell what the actual issue is from your description. The pictures doesn't tell me much either. I only wonder why there are 14 hulls listed? If this is just a straight hallway, there should be no more than 4 hulls. You might have to clean up your Physics mesh some more.

As always, I would recommend to use the official Second Life viewer to upload mesh. To rule out any viewer specific behaviours.

I agree with arton that you need to simplify the physics. You sholdn't even need four hulls for this. One on each side of the doorway and possibly on above it (atlhough probably not) is enough.

That's not the cause of the blocked doorway though. That is partly because the hulls aren't defined in your physics model, partly because the uploader doesn't always triangulate polys very well.

Make a phsyics model that looks something like this, with three hulls clearly defined and with gaps between them. Or probably even better: leave out the middle part and use just two hulls.

5b22da862d481_Skjermbilde(1247).png.a0dfc74f11ef939890a51930ab959bce.png

Thanks, to both of you. I know my question wasn't too helpful or specific, but all I needed was a nudge in a new direction, both of your  posts worked. Uploading in the different viewer worked with my current model, and simplifying the shape worked as well. I appreciate your time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.