I already have a pic in inventory

Jamesmark1488303601

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

With the new web-based profile system, you have to first save the pic from your inventory onto your local hard drive. Then you can upolad it to your profile from there. It's free to save any image that you have in-world and full-perms, such as any snapshot that you took yourself.

(Edited to add: Peewee is right - you also need to use a graphics application or file converter application to do a save-as of the .tga file that your Viewer saves to your hard drive, and convert it to jpg, gif or png format, because their web uploader won't accept the tga file that their own viewer saves to your hard drive! )

An extra step from the old system, but it is how it works now.

Alternatively and in the short term, you could log on with a 1.2x based viewer, like the LL 1.23.5 Viewer, and directly add the image from inventory, using the old profile system. Changes made to the old-school profiles are reflected in the web-profiles.

But that work-around will end when they arbitrarily decide to stop supporting the old profile system (Probably the same time when they decide to cease official support for Viewer 1.23.5.( I expect that deadline to fall in a few more months, when they eventually introduce the Mesh capability to the grid as a standard feature. The 1.2x Viewers can't properly render mesh, and will be made obsolete and rather unusable by that innovation.

The easy way = Login on a viewer like Phoenix and just drag it onto your profile from your inventory.

The hard way = On viewer 2, right click the pic in your inventory, choose "Save As" and save it to your HD as a tga file. Open that tga in a pic editing program & resave it as a jpg or png or gif. Go to your profile and click "Change" next to your picture and then browse to find it in your files and upload it.

I will add just 2 things to what very correctly Peewee and Ceera suggested. If you havent a program for pictures editing, you open the picture in the world and you use the command "Print Screen" by your keyboard. After that you open a simple program for pictures like Microsoft Paint and you past the pic there. Finally you save as the pictures with one of the following extensions: a).jgp, b).png, c).gif, because Viewer 2 doesnt allow to upload a pic with the extension .tga. The last step, having now the pic in your hard disk is to open your web profile and upload the picture.

About the solution to use the older Viewer 1.23 to use directly from your inventory i have to say that, when you have already upgrated to Viewer 2 and you back to login in Viewer 1.23, according LL  you'll see the new 2.0 system folders (like Current Outfit and My Outfits) added to your inventory. This change is irreversible, because we're going forward beyond Viewer 2.0 and being able to delete them would cause complications. So with few words you will have 2 times all the system folders. Just have that in your mind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.