Slowly migrating to InWorlz and Avination?

Carmela Diavolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, are the avatars slowly migrating to InWorlz and Avination. I have heard so from several business owners, some of them are offering 50% sales or more, some of them are closing down in SL. I' concerned because I own two stores, I have just bought a land, well... I have a Second Life! I just want to know if it's a known fact. And if LL are taking this into account, for it seems Second Life is not what it used to be, prices are way too expensive (they say), and LL don't support business owners (they say).

TY.

5 answers to this question

I wouldn't worry too much about other worlds, they are years behind second life and (probably) never will catch up, most of those worlds have no financial basis to make them viable moving forward, investing 1US$ in those is a much greater risk than investing one in second life. Anyhow everyone is free to walk, nobody can stop u, but from all the people that I know off who (migrated to the promised land) ..... came back to second life :smileyhappy: *meows*

You only have to visit one of the other grids to know that they are not competition for SL, maybe in a few years they will be, but for now they just don`t have enough content or users to be considered a threat.

A lot of buisnesses are setting up on other grids as well as staying on SL, because there is no real competition on them yet.

There have been, are and, let's hope, always will be competitors for SL.  We can all be in all worlds so wise merchants with the time to spend on multiple universes spread to others.  Sometimes they'll find the time in SL less productive/interesting/rewarding so will drop SL.  Nevertheless this is where the population is and that counts, whatever you're doing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.