When (if at all) will the Abuse Report categories, and system, be updated?

RoseRed Ruby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The current Abuse Report sysytem ctaegories are years out of date. There are categories that no longer apply, and major new abuses (like gaming traffic) that there are not available as a category. Writing an abuse report under 'Other' means a loooong wait time for before an abuser is stopped.

I would post this question in the JIRA, but my attempts to reach to JIRA, always seem to land me here.

Would someone please fix the JIRA path so it can be found? Yes, yes, I know... others can find it. Well, I cannot, and none of the links that I have clicked have actually taken me to the JIRA, only to: JIRA tutorials, here (which seems to be a general forum for problems not being addressed/corrected by Linden Lab), and the wiki. At least with the old bug reporting system it was easy to find.

3 answers to this question

I was about to give https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa but Ciaran's link goes to same page. Create Issue is on top right.

As regards gaming traffic Linden Lab do not want residents to lodge Abuse Reports for that offence.

Camping or traffic bots

Attempting to gain an unfair Search advantage through the use of bots to inflate the Traffic for a parcel is considered a violation. This policy applies to both Mainland and Private Estates as both are represented in Search.

How will this be enforced?

• We routinely look at Search results, and where we find clear use of bots to gain an unfair Search advantage, we handle it as an abuse issue.
    • We do not need you to abuse report this; we monitor the Search results.

RoseRed Ruby wrote:

The current Abuse Report sysytem ctaegories are years out of date. There are categories that no longer apply, and major new abuses (like gaming traffic) that there are not available as a category.

As Nyll said the Gaming issue is not an AR offence, but what do you mean they are years out of date? Apart from 2 that refer to Teen SL the rest all look current to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.