What is casting?

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On this page:
https://zcs.smi.sh/

there are references to "cast" and "casting". In the "zCS Combat System" group I was told that casting is a feature that can be turned on or off in SL's region server. I am interested in learning more about this than just as applied to combat meters. I would appreciate any links to information about what this is.

3 hours ago, agentronin said:

there are references to "cast" and "casting".

Asshat Combat Meter System: Dingbat the Gore-Bore-Ean Green Csste Healer casts a spell of "healing your brain to raise IQ above shoe size" on you...

There is NO 'cast/casting' function on SL region servers you can turn on and off.

Whoever told you about this in a group chat was either an idiot, or pranking you or probably both.

• Haha 2

Casting in MMO games usually indicates the time from when you start performing a "spell" (like applying a bandage) to when you finish it.

For example, applying a bandage, you may not be allowed to move or perform other actions whilst "casting" it and the "casting" might take 1 minute, leaving you vulnerable to other players (or monsters) for that time.

As Klytyna mentions, this isn't something that is on the SL servers. It's written into the particular combat system servers - it can be configured in there.

Edited by Callum Meriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.