I tried to rez a horse I just bought and I got the missing from data base, how do I get my horse???

Sammie Otoole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Sammie Otoole wrote:

I bought a horse and went to rezz  it and i got the message missing from data base, how do I get my horse back??

Or WHO is giving me my damn money back?!?! *not happy at all*!

Welcome, Sammie, to the Second Life forums. 

Is the horse in a box that you have to unpack?  If the horse definitely is not in the package, you must contact the seller and politely ask them to redeliver your item.  It might be that something has gone slightly wrong with their vendor, and you've been sent an empty package. These things happen sometimes, quite in error, and are easily rectified.

Hello Sammie. Open your dashboard and by the left, choose Account --> Transaction History. Take a copy if you see the product in your last Transactions. Create a notecard, paste your purchased item there, and send it to the merchant, explaining what happened and asking politely for redelivery.

"Missing from database" is an asset-server error and means something 'odd' has gone wrong.  The UUID of the object exists, obviously - it's in your inventory - but for some reason there is no object 'behind' that UUID in the database.  Hence 'missing from database'.

There are a few causes I've seen: a) something is really, really old and has been deleted/archived, b) items are sometimes removed for DMCA/fraud reasons.  c) it's always possible it's just down to a laggy sim

In either case it's a matter of waiting a few minutes and preferably going to an empty/emptier sim and then trying again.  If the problem persists you need to contact whoever sold you the item or, failing that, the creator.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.